|New Retail Area Under Construction|
I thought I would pass along this recipe I found this week. It sounds really good and I get to use some of our fresh herbs (lucky me to have greenhouses full of them).
Strata with Goat Cheese, Tomatoes, and Herbs
That's all for this week! Time to get out in the garden and meet the first day of Spring!
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Oil a 2-quart baking or gratin dish, Rub the bread slices with garlic halves. Mix the minced garlic with the tomatoes, season with a pinch of salt and pepper, and set aside. Layer half the bread slices in the baking dish. Top with half the reserved tomatoes, half the cheeses, half the herbs and half the salt and pepper. Repeat the layers. Beat together the eggs and milk. Pour over the bread-tomato mixture. Place the dish on a baking sheet and bake for 40 or 50 minutes until puffed and browned. Serve hot or at room temperature.
- 1-tablespoon olive oil
- ½ pound stale country bread, sliced about ½-inch thick
- 2 large cloves garlic, 1 sliced in half, the other minced
- 1-pound fresh tomatoes (about 3 medium) sliced 1/3-inches thick
- 1/3 cup Gruyere cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1-teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups milk